sdG)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

sdG Weekly Tourny Rules!!!

Go down

sdG Weekly Tourny Rules!!! Empty sdG Weekly Tourny Rules!!!

Post  sdG)Newbie Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:57 pm

Maps Each week sdG)Newbie is going to edit his profile to list that weeks current maps. I am almost always online and is easy to check to see what they are. So no one will have the excuse of not knowing a map. Not to mention you can visit this sites "Map" section to see upcoming maps. Occasionally we will use an unknown map made by an sdG) member. In which case, the file will be available for download from this site under the maps section. It is possible the maps may have mistakes. We try to test these maps completely but it may happen. It is not intentional, and will be fixed for any future tournies, but is in use for the current tournament. If the mistake is so bad its not playable (Newbies decision) then either Python, Fighting Spirit, Luna, or Destination will replace it. Also, it is important to understand that in a Bo5 series, or more, the maps snake. Fs, Python, Luna, Python, Fs is the order they should be played for a Bo5.

Brackets
will be randomly generated on battlereports.com by the tournament admin (usually me). Then depending on the number of participants we will have the following:

Rounds 1 & 2 will be Bo3. Any following round will be Bo5 until the Finals which will be Bo7 (or Bo5). *Finals may be played on another date if agreed upon by both players.

Ex/ 5 Rounds = rounds 1&2 are Bo3, 3&4 are Bo5, and round 5 is Bo5(or 7).

Ex/ 3 rounds = rounds 1&2 are Bo3, and round 3 is Bo5 (or 7).

If all goes well I will start to add prizes like i dunno, 20 bucks or something. Smile (but the prizes will only be available to sdG members sucka's Razz)

*Allied mines and stacking workers are not allowed.

*** First come First serve basis is now in effect. You may sign up as soon as you like (days in advance) but then you must show up or risk the consequences. However this will ensure your spot in the tourny. To sign up in advance, visit the tournament section of forums.

Rules:

1. Show up if signed up. This is simply to ensure that people are not signing up and not showing up. It's very obvious why that would become an issue. If you are signed up to play in the weekly tournament and you do not show up I will take it by case. If you have a good reason AND I BELIEVE IT, it's likely there will be no consequences so long as it doesn't become a recurring issue (if you are not part of sdG regardless of good reason or not, you will receive a 1 tourny ban at the least). If you NO SHOW without a good reason and/or you are a repeat offender there will be an instant 1 tourny ban at the least, with a possibility for longer bans, or permanent tournament bans. If you are a sdG member this possibly may even effect your status within the clan itself. No member, including myself is exempt from this rule (or any other rule for that matter).

2. Be quiet during match-ups & Respect the Tourny Admin.
Most tournaments I imagine I will be running, but there is the possibility someone else may run some down the road. So this goes for anyone that is the "Tourny Admin" (the guy running the tourny setting Match-ups etc.). Please quiet down in the channel when he asks you to. This is very important during the match-up selection so everyone knows what is going on. This is important to show respect because myself and some others have put a lot of time into this. It is frustrating to have 10 people talking, and your trying to organize the games or explain a ruling or whatever. Personally I will deal with this problem by whispering you to be quiet. If you don't I will ban u from the tourny channel and whisper you match-ups from that point (if you don't quit the tourny that is). After the tournament I will decide if you can return to future tournies or not based on the situation. Other Tourny Admins may deal with it in a different way, and that's there prerogative. DURING THE TOURNAMENT THE TOURNY ADMIN HAS 100% CONTROL AND IS THE END ALL OF DISPUTES. IF THERE IS AN ISSUE IT WILL BE RESOLVED FOR THE NEXT TOURNAMENT AS THIS IS A WORK IN PROGRESS, BUT PLEASE DO NOT MAKE A BIG SCENE AND BE MATURE.

3. Be GM even if you lose. Again it is very obvious why it's a rule. sdG is about GM gaming anyways and would expect good mannered behavior even in regular games, so it goes without being said that in a tournament game, it's especially important. No one gives a crap about your ego, so please... Just take it easy. If you have a problem with the game I.E/ u claim something unfair about the game or any other issue or concern or problem you may have, WHISPER sdG)Newbie (or whoever is the current Tourny Admin) ABOUT IT AND SOLVE IT PRIVATELY. DO NOT CONFRONT YOUR OPPONENT IN ANY WAY ABOUT COMPLAINTS. Now this is a very subjective issue so consequences well dealt with on a per case basis. But I assure you any type of excessive BM will be swiftly dealt with for the enjoyment of the other participants. This is also not limited to after the game but during and before the game as well. You all know what is BM and what is not. Lets have some respect for our fellow gamers guys and we'll all get along better Smile

*I will be updating this as we learn and go on and it is not set in stone. We are trying to make this the best we can so please be patient as we go along Smile

THESE RULES ARE INTENDED TO CREATE A POSITIVE ATMOSPHERE FOR ALL INVOLVED. I BELIEVE THEY ARE SIMPLE TO FOLLOW IF YOU ARE JUST AWARE OF THEM. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE FOR ADHERING TO THE POLICIES. REMEMBER IGNORANCE IS NOT AN EXCUSE.

Well thank you for reading all of this and I look forward to some good games Smile
sdG)Newbie
sdG)Newbie
Admin

https://stoneddrunkgamerz.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down