sdG)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

sdG)Newbie Vs. sdG)Indigo - PvP - Fightin' Spirit (FPVod of Newbie)

3 posters

Go down

sdG)Newbie Vs. sdG)Indigo - PvP - Fightin' Spirit (FPVod of Newbie) Empty sdG)Newbie Vs. sdG)Indigo - PvP - Fightin' Spirit (FPVod of Newbie)

Post  sdG)Newbie Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:25 pm

sdG)Newbie
sdG)Newbie
Admin

https://stoneddrunkgamerz.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

sdG)Newbie Vs. sdG)Indigo - PvP - Fightin' Spirit (FPVod of Newbie) Empty Re: sdG)Newbie Vs. sdG)Indigo - PvP - Fightin' Spirit (FPVod of Newbie)

Post  MOFO)QooQ Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:04 am

Here is your problem. You watch things too much. IE When your probe went to make the gateway, you sat there and watched it until 150 minerals. You don't have to wait for something to happen. You have no sense of urgency to get things done.

Also, clicking your gateways and making units, your slow. You use the mouse a lot. Ideally, the only thing the mouse should be used for is right clicking and clicking where you want to attack. The more you use keyboard, the faster you will be.

You take long to respond to battles. You know, when the game pings you because of an attack or something finishing, space will bring you right to it. You play really sluggish. I'd like Indigo to post his version.

I am 200 apm avg, my eapm is 130. I might fraps for you, but my computer sucks so lag might be an issue. You just have to tell me where to get the program and how to use it.
MOFO)QooQ
MOFO)QooQ

Back to top Go down

sdG)Newbie Vs. sdG)Indigo - PvP - Fightin' Spirit (FPVod of Newbie) Empty Re: sdG)Newbie Vs. sdG)Indigo - PvP - Fightin' Spirit (FPVod of Newbie)

Post  sdG)Newbie Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:14 am

MOFO)QooQ wrote:Here is your problem. You watch things too much. IE When your probe went to make the gateway, you sat there and watched it until 150 minerals. You don't have to wait for something to happen. You have no sense of urgency to get things done.

Also, clicking your gateways and making units, your slow. You use the mouse a lot. Ideally, the only thing the mouse should be used for is right clicking and clicking where you want to attack. The more you use keyboard, the faster you will be.

You take long to respond to battles. You know, when the pings you because of an attack or something finishing, space will bring you right to it. You play really sluggish. I'd like Indigo to post his version.

I am 200 apm avg, my eapm is 130. I might fraps for you, but my computer sucks so lag might be an issue. You just have to tell me where to get the program and how to use it.

Indi hooked me up with a cracked version.

Well that game wasnt exactly my normal. I usually dont use my mouse to click the gateway i usually 2z,3z4d,5d etc etc, but I think one of my hotkeys was screwed up, so i had to keep keep checking to see if they were building. I normally NEVER click on a gateway with the mouse.

The probe waiting for the gateway, I know what you mean. The problem is is that early in the game there is nothing else for me to do. I can either go look at my probes, or make that gateway building probe not go idle. Razz

But ur right I do use my mouse wayyyyyy to much, and realistically that my one big problem holding me back. If I can just somehow get out of that habit. But its so hard cuz that's how Ive hotkey for years u know? I have literally tried to change my hotkeying / click less but it just makes me worse and i give up mid game.

As for the space bar thing, of course I know that, I used it several times in that game. And I know ur refering to that last attack when I tried to take his expo with 4 goons, and he pushed out, I went to macro my base and went back to my army and it was gone? I was aware I was under attack and what not, I just didnt think His army was sooooo big and that I would be better off to macro up. But again yes I believe my awareness in this area would be greatly improved.

heres a list pf what I think are my biggest issues in no particular order:

1. Backwards hotkeying (I hotkey like this... 1 = nexus 2 = expo nexus, 3-9 = gateways, 9-0 shuttles or units (sometimes i use two hotkey groups for units Razz)

2. Use more hotkeys / use mouse less

3. better micro (specifically awareness like what u were talking about with the space bar)

... I feel if i fixed those 3 issues I'd be mopping the floor with all of you... Razz

Thank you very much Smile
sdG)Newbie
sdG)Newbie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sdG)SiCk Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:11 am

Late game you're going to need 4-5 hotkeys for army IMO. Generally in the late game I find it better to manually go through my gates. Try to keep a rhythm so that you are spending pretty much continuously, albeit your units are all coming out at the same time (scroll back to 12 gates, build shit out of all of them, back to army, back to gates, blowing 1000-1500 minerals each pass, etc.). In the midgame of course you don't actually need that many gates to be continuously spending. I usually don't bother hotkeying more than 3 gates.

P.S. Don't forget to add Jew to ICCup team. Get more points~
sdG)SiCk
sdG)SiCk

Back to top Go down

Post  sdG)Newbie Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:24 am

sdG)SiCk wrote:Late game you're going to need 4-5 hotkeys for army IMO. Generally in the late game I find it better to manually go through my gates. Try to keep a rhythm so that you are spending pretty much continuously, albeit your units are all coming out at the same time (scroll back to 12 gates, build shit out of all of them, back to army, back to gates, blowing 1000-1500 minerals each pass, etc.). In the midgame of course you don't actually need that many gates to be continuously spending. I usually don't bother hotkeying more than 3 gates.

P.S. Don't forget to add Jew to ICCup team. Get more points~

I would if he'd join Razz
sdG)Newbie
sdG)Newbie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sdG)SiCk Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:46 am

He did join earlier tonight. And I need sleep. Fucking PL playoffs making me stay up.
sdG)SiCk
sdG)SiCk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down