sdG)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weekly Update March 14th

2 posters

Go down

Weekly Update March 14th Empty Weekly Update March 14th

Post  sdG)Newbie Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:56 pm

Hey guys, I'm gonna try to organize all my doings into one post each week. I realize I have a lot going on, so this should make a simple 1 stop check for what is new.

1. If you are interested in making a profile for the site now you can. All you have to do is simply provide me with whatever details you would like me to add, like a picture (doesn't have to be of you), and w/e u want. Here is the link: https://stoneddrunkgamerz.canadian-forum.com/t20-yo-profile-info Also, to view members profiles, visit the members section of the site and click on a members name (currently just me and Dvlmn have a profile) http://sdgclan.weebly.com/members.html

2. There is now a quick link to our ICCup team page on the home page of our site. Just click the image. Here is a link to our ICCup page just in case: http://www.iccup.com/teams/26953.html . Please sign up if your interested in playing ICCup, or if you already are. You do not have to be on an sdG tag, but it would be nice.

3. sdG)Sensei is now taking over as our CW leader. Feel free to motivate (harass) him to speed up the process Smile Check out the CW section of the forums if your interested in joining the team or talk to Sensei. https://stoneddrunkgamerz.canadian-forum.com/f3-cw-team

4. I just want to let everyone know that I'm always changing stuff, adding new rules etc etc. I openly accept any comments, concerns, suggestions... W/E in anything I do or have done. I don't want to piss anyone off and make people quit because of it. So let me know in private about your issues and I'll address them asap. Feel free to PM me on forums or talk to me online, or if your ok with it, you can talk openly. All I ask is that you are respectful in how you do so, and use constructive criticism. It's very annoying to me to implement a rule, warn people for weeks about it, then someone all of a sudden has a problem with it because they ignored it for 2 weeks. Similarly, things like map selection for the tournament. Now you can vote for the maps, and I'll use what maps you guys want. Vote for your favorite maps here...
https://stoneddrunkgamerz.canadian-forum.com/t19-vote-for-the-map-choices

5. I'm currently working on a new league for sdG members. It is still in the infant stages, and we need some more members, but I'm taking suggestions on how we can implement this. Anyone have ideas? Let me know!

6. In case your curious, I pick a random funny or interesting (or currently creepy) video from you tube and put it on the home page, and change it every few days. Just in case anyone was wondering aboot that.

7. As the clan is growing... So are the responsibilities... Currently I'm pretty stretched with how much I'm doing. So I'm asking any of you guys if you want to, maybe you can help me out. I can find jobs for you that are as simple as changing the Idle's and greetings of bots on a daily basis for me, to bigger jobs like graphics for the site or w/e. If there is an area of specialty or interest you have in mind, I'll let you do whatever your best at Razz However all that I ask is that if you do want to help out the clan in this way, that your serious about it and make sure you do w/e it is your supposed to do. There isn't much reward in this for you other then to be a reason for the clans growth and success, however I can offer you this. If you are helping me... Lets say... Make the clan rules... Well then your going to have alot of influence on what those rules are. So you will basically get more power to make things how you like them Smile When I get the time I'm going to create a new forum section and list all the jobs I have available and if one fits your eye let me know (and yes this is an example of a job someone could help me out with). Or if you have a job in mind not listed just let me know.

Thank you to the one or two people that actually read that, and I'll have an update next Monday as well. GL HF
sdG)Newbie
sdG)Newbie
Admin

https://stoneddrunkgamerz.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Weekly Update March 14th Empty Re: Weekly Update March 14th

Post  sdG)SiCk Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:59 pm

My only comment...

Don't get too carried away with clan rules and such. I think the moment someone joins a clan there are some "common sense rules" that are kind of automatic (e.g. be nice to your teammates, don't embarrass the clan, etc.). Just saying "we're looking for skilled players who are reasonably gm and don't hack" is probably enough.

You're putting a lot into this and we all appreciate it, but you can probably ease up a little bit. IMO the most important things are keeping a bot in channel and organizing events like the tournies. Which are a lot of work by themselves.

I don't mean to shit on what you're doing. Just want to point out that you're supposed to have fun with this and if you stress out too much it will stop being fun.

GL~
sdG)SiCk
sdG)SiCk

Back to top Go down

Post  sdG)Newbie Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:56 am

sdG)SiCk.t wrote:My only comment...

Don't get too carried away with clan rules and such. I think the moment someone joins a clan there are some "common sense rules" that are kind of automatic (e.g. be nice to your teammates, don't embarrass the clan, etc.). Just saying "we're looking for skilled players who are reasonably gm and don't hack" is probably enough.

You're putting a lot into this and we all appreciate it, but you can probably ease up a little bit. IMO the most important things are keeping a bot in channel and organizing events like the tournies. Which are a lot of work by themselves.

I don't mean to shit on what you're doing. Just want to point out that you're supposed to have fun with this and if you stress out too much it will stop being fun.

GL~

Thx for reading that Razz And I know what u mean with the rules. I'm trying to tread lightly when it comes to adding more rules and stuff. The only thing is this... Of that update... Only 1 of the 7 points is a rule... And even then just a common sense rule like you say. Everything else there is just information about things you can do. I'm not forcing anyone to do the profile, join iccup, join the tournies or w/e. You can do as little or as much of the activities as you want. I just like to give those people that want more then just "gaming" out a clan, something to do.

sdG)Newbie
sdG)Newbie
Admin

https://stoneddrunkgamerz.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down