sdG)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

inner-clan tourny/league

5 posters

Go down

inner-clan tourny/league Empty inner-clan tourny/league

Post  sdG)Spartacus Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:01 pm

we should do something like this (I know newbie was working on something), more often that just once per week though, and soon. Maybe like tues/thurs/fri nights at like 9 or 10pm EST?
sdG)Spartacus
sdG)Spartacus

Back to top Go down

inner-clan tourny/league Empty Re: inner-clan tourny/league

Post  sdG)SiCk Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:28 pm

Dude... that's a pretty ridiculous number of tournaments and I don't plan to come on specially for that many. As it is working a tournament and a CW into my weekly schedule is about as much as I'm willing to give on a weekly basis. There are weeks when I won't be able to give even that. In fact over the summer there will be about a 5-6 week period where I may be out of the country and unable to play at all so...

An inner clan league might be more okay, but we'd need a rating system (e.g. Elo ratings), preferably one that doesn't force you to play a shit-ton of games in order to get highly rated. But even then, I think that there may be some temptation of players to dodge. Some of the players like you and me are capable of getting at least C rank (without *too* much hassle... my Z acct did it in season 7 with 29-12 stats -- starting from fairly early in season, not just newb bashing in last couple weeks -- and was just short of C a couple of times more recently with similar %) but some of the others are only D/D- in skill. Would they really want to play a bo3 against me or you?

It may be better to not worry about an exact ranking within the clan since I think there are some players who would balk at that. Probably even my 2v2 partner Jewishzelot would and if he actually sat down to learn modern timings I'm quite sure he could make the yellow ranks.
sdG)SiCk
sdG)SiCk

Back to top Go down

Post  sdG)Spartacus Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:23 pm

Apologies i wasn't more clear. I was hinting more towards a league, definately did not mean multiple tournies per week such as the weekly one hosted each weekend. I simply would like to see more friendly inter-clan play with each and every gamer, no matter their rank on a regular basis. This would also help with determining who is best by keeping track of records, as these stats may help in determining CW line-up as you so desired, rather than just having the CW team memebers play each other. Just an idea... I just want to see more games going down on a regular basis and my experience with clan leagues has always been enjoyable.
sdG)Spartacus
sdG)Spartacus

Back to top Go down

Post  sdG)Newbie Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:56 pm

I agree with you both...

First of all, I'm not going to force anyone to do anything. So if we create an sdg) league or something along those lines you will not HAVE to participate. I understand that some ppl are alrdy playing Brood War as much as they can now, and may not have the extra time.

Now here is my initial idea for a sdG league. This is just an idea, and by no means is it set in stone. Like I said we need some more people before we really start this.

Anyways...

Division A:
...... Division B:
Player 1......... Player 6
Player 2 ........ Player 7
Player 3 ........ Player 8
Player 4 ........ Player 9
Player 5 ........ Player 10

The Regular season will run for 7 weeks. Each week, each player will play 2 bo3 series, until you have played each player in your division once, and played each player from the opposite division twice. EX/

Week 1: Player 1 Vs Player 6 & Player 1 Vs Player 7
Week 2: Player 1 Vs Player 8 & Player 1 Vs Player 9
Week 3: Player 1 Vs Player 10 & Player 1 Vs Player 2
Week 4: Player 1 Vs Player 3 & Player 1 Vs Player 4
Week 5: Player 1 Vs Player 5 & Player 1 Vs Player 6
Week 6: Player 1 Vs Player 7 & Player 1 Vs Player 8
Week 7: Player 1 Vs Player 9 & Player 1 Vs Player 10

So, Each player will have played 14 bo3 series'. The top 4 in each division will move on to the playoff's. Here's an example of what it may look like. (points are gained from winning in the first round)

Division A:
Player 1 - 15 points
Player 2 - 16 points
Player 3 - 9 Points
Player 4 - 5 Points
Player 5 - 3 Points (Eliminated)

Division B:
Player 1 - 18 points
Player 2 - 12 points
Player 3 - 12 Points
Player 4 - 5 Points
Player 5 - 3 Points (Eliminated)

The playoff's will look like this.

Week 8
Quarter Finals (bo5)

Division A:

#1 Vs #4
#2 Vs #3

#5 Eliminated

Division B:

#1 Vs #4
#2 Vs #3

#5 Eliminated

Week 9
Semi Finals (bo5)

Division A:

#1 Vs #2

Division B:

#1 Vs #2

Week 10:
Championships!!!

The finals!!! (bo7)

3rd Place (bo7)... The losers from the semi-finals duke it out to see who gets bronze!!! Smile

... Maybe we can do a 5th place, 7th place and 9th place ... But I'm not going to add that in yet since this is just an idea still.

Well let me know what you guys think!

2 1/2 Months total (10 weeks).

sdG)Newbie
sdG)Newbie
Admin

https://stoneddrunkgamerz.canadian-forum.com

Back to top Go down

Post  sdG)Spartacus Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:53 pm

ye that's something along the lines of what I was thinking... though 10 weeks is kind of a long time for me, considering I will be gone in 10 weeks I wouldn't be able to finish out the season if I made it to the playoffs... maybe something more like 5-6 weeks? so let's find a few more recruits and get this thing underway soon!

edit- by the way the winner should recieve some sort of prize.
sdG)Spartacus
sdG)Spartacus

Back to top Go down

Post  sdG)Newbie Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:07 pm

K... Winner recieves head from spart Razz
sdG)Newbie
sdG)Newbie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sdG)Spartacus Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:59 pm

sdG)Newbie wrote:K... Winner recieves head from spart Razz

-_____-
sdG)Spartacus
sdG)Spartacus

Back to top Go down

Post  sdG)Newbie Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:07 pm

Ok So Horny's idea is this...

I think OD clan did this for 4 years which is very very impressive...

http://forum.overdosed.net/index.php/topic/32357-march-bwemt-1st-round/

Thats an example of the tourny... Ill explain in more detail soon.

Ok so it works like this, and the numbers here are an approximation.

First Round: 12 players - 2 groups of six - 1 week Long

everyone in Group A & B plays every other person in there group in a bo3 series.

The lowest point total is eliminated. (Tie breakers will be determined later)

Second Round: 10 players - 2 groups of 5 - 1 week long

Same format as first round, except now there is one less person.

Third Round: 8 Players - 2 groups of 4 - 1 week long

Again, same format with one less player, except this week, 2 players will be eliminated.

Final Round: 4 Players - 1 week long

The highest point getter in Group A is #1(A) and the second guy is #2(A). Same with B Group, #1(B) and #2(B).

It will be a Semi-Final format bo5 series,

#1(A) Vs #2(B)
#1(B) Vs #2(A)

The finals will be a bo7 format with the two winners playings for first place, and the two loser playing for 3rd place.

Total 1 month in length, and will run every month.
sdG)Newbie
sdG)Newbie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MOFO)QooQ Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:00 am

I like HornyDaisy's idea, because its a lot of activity but in a much more compact time frame compared to your previous idea, Newbie. I think a nice little treat for the team is to compile a highlight VOD for each league season, which means reps should be saved.
MOFO)QooQ
MOFO)QooQ

Back to top Go down

Post  sdG)Newbie Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:42 am

MOFO)QooQ wrote:I like HornyDaisy's idea, because its a lot of activity but in a much more compact time frame compared to your previous idea, Newbie. I think a nice little treat for the team is to compile a highlight VOD for each league season, which means reps should be saved.

Ye u can pretty much scratch my idea, I like hornys idea too. I would love to make videos but 2 problems. A.) I don't editing software that allows me to cut from the video directly, and B.) I want to do this right now for the weekly tournies and I just don't have time, so I would need help from someone to do a video like this.

On an unrelated topic, QooQ u gotta show me how to upload replays like u did, Ill make a Replay section on forums.
sdG)Newbie
sdG)Newbie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sdG)Spartacus Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:41 am

Can we start this soon? Like this week or next? I don't have too much time left before I ship for basic in May... Thanks, let me know. And lets go with horny's idea... when I was in (OD) it was a lot of fun, and that's what made me think of it actually... A video would be nice too if you bought the software. Reps must be saved for the league anyways for proof of victory and any complaints filed.
sdG)Spartacus
sdG)Spartacus

Back to top Go down

Post  sdG)Newbie Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:57 pm

sdG)Spartacus wrote:Can we start this soon? Like this week or next? I don't have too much time left before I ship for basic in May... Thanks, let me know. And lets go with horny's idea... when I was in (OD) it was a lot of fun, and that's what made me think of it actually... A video would be nice too if you bought the software. Reps must be saved for the league anyways for proof of victory and any complaints filed.

Unfortunately this isn't going to start until may Sad It is a month long anyways, so even if I started it today (which is impossible) your still going to be pressed for time.

That sucks...
sdG)Newbie
sdG)Newbie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sdG)Spartacus Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:51 pm

why can't we start it in april?
sdG)Spartacus
sdG)Spartacus

Back to top Go down

Post  sdG)Newbie Mon Mar 28, 2011 6:22 pm

Because that would give me only a couple days to get this rdy, and I wan't it to be done properly. Im also going to be fairly busy over the next couple of days so I wouldnt be able to take on the increased workload right this second.

and i doubt we'd have enuf ppl at the moment
sdG)Newbie
sdG)Newbie
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  sdG.SenSei Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:20 am

Don't rush anything. we could wait until end of summer till we get everything ready. And by then maybe we even found someone who can put together mini vods with a quite proper playout. Untill then everyone should focus on recruiting players and people that can help the clan with organisation stuff. Just my point of view though.
sdG.SenSei
sdG.SenSei
CW Leader

Back to top Go down

Post  sdG)SiCk Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:07 pm

Is this thing still in development? Because I never see anyone online when I log in and I'm the only person using the forum so...
sdG)SiCk
sdG)SiCk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down